Hours: Tues and Thurs - Noon to 3:45pm
Manager: Ellie Dole 802-751-8581
** Please park at the United Community Church - 1325 Main St
Each family or individual in need is provided with a variety of grocery selections; canned goods, frozen foods, meat, and staples. Also provided are bread, dairy, fresh produce, personal hygiene items and pet food.
** Thanksgiving boxes with a turkey and all the fixins are provided each November.
Our food comes from many sources;
- Individuals in our community have been generous with donations of garden produce, canned goods and other staples.
- Local stores, restaurants, schools, and farms donate their excess.
- Local organizations have food drives for KCS benefit.
- The majority of our stock is from the Vermont Food Bank. We place an order monthly and they bring a truckload of meat, produce, and other food staples.
- We receive food from the USDA monthly.
- Salvation Farms gleaning project with Vermont farmers has provided much needed fresh produce.
- We purchase items from local stores with an eye for sale items that stretch your donation dollars.
Meal Sites:11:00am-12:15pm - Dine-In or Take-Out - Mon: Grace UMC, 36 Central St - Site CoOrdinator: Lisa Wood - Wed: UCC, 1325 Main St - Site CoOrdinator: Kris Norris - Fri: UCC (Sandwich Stop), 1325 Main St - Site CoOrd: Kris Norris - Sat: UUC, 47 Cherry St - Site CoOrdinators: Rhonda Korol, Daisy McCoy
- Thanksgiving: UCC, 1325 Main St
- Christmas: UUC, 47 Cherry St
Families and individuals receive free tasty and nutritious noon meals and a chance to relax and socialize with others.
- Meals generally consist of a protein, starch such as rice or potatoes, vegetables, cold drink, hot coffee or tea, and dessert. A vegetarian option is usually available. The UCC friday lunch has sandwiches, a drink, and a cookie.
- The air quality is safe at the Meal Sites, thanks to the purchase of high-quality air purifiers made possible through a grant from the Vermont Community Foundation.
- A team of supervised and trained volunteers cook the meals, serve the customers, receive donations, and maintain the facilities. Meal Site volunteer CoOrdinators oversee the operation. Each site has a certified ServSafe® volunteer overseeing the food preparation.
- We offer 4 meals per week at different locations.
- Plus holiday dinners on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Annually we serve approximately 10,000 meals.
- There is no screening or in-take procedure for our diners.
- Our diners are often repeat clients, and most dine at more than one site per week. The diners are well known to each other and the team of volunteers, creating caring relationships and a sense of community.
Hours: Tues and Thurs - Noon to 3:45Manager: Ellie Dole 802-751-8581** Please park at the United Community Church - 1325 Main St
The Keep Us Warm Program accepts donations of good clean winter coats and blankets, and distributes them to those in need.
The CoOp Christmas program facilitates the giving of gifts for elderly, disabled and underserved children of our community who would not otherwise receive a Christmas gift. The gifts have a value of $25 or less and most of the gifts are donated by community members using a tag system.